Sermon on the Mount (Luke 6:17-26)
The Sermon on the mount is one of the most enduring and most loved teachings of Jesus' ministry. This radical teaching went against the popular rhetoric that said our 'good deeds' were enough for God. However, this series of 9 truths point to a God who cares about our internal transformation and personal relationship with our Creator, more than the acts we can do for Him.
If you're looking for a longer teaching series on the Beatitudes for children, then have a look at the Kid's Travel Guide to the Beatitudes by Group Publishing. It has 13 sessions, and provides some fun object lessons and activities for each of the beatitudes.
A beautiful image from the Visio Lectio project, created by the Anglican Diocese of Auckland. © Sarah West. All Rights reserved, shared with permission.
Wise and Foolish Builders (Luke 6:46-49)
The Parable of the Wise and the Foolish Builders, is a parable of Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount. The parable illustrates the importance of building one's life on obedience to the teachings and example of Jesus.
- Moon Sand, Rock Painting, Lego and Cardboard Boxes(Flame Creative Children's Ministry)
- Salt Dough and Stones Craft (Church House Collection Blog)
- Story telling Idea (Church House Collection Blog)
- Paper Plate House Craft (Crafting the Word of God)
- Lego Game Idea (The First Grade Roundup)
- Jenga on an Unstable Foundation (Whispers Whispering)
- Pretzel and Chocolate Houses (Another Day in Ministry)
- Foolish Houses Snack (Almost Unschoolers)
- Two Ingredient Moon Sand (Little Learning Club)
Saddleback Kids: An animated video based on Luke 6: 46-49 and Matthew 7: 24-29.