BIBLE EXPLORE / OLD TESTAMENT / GENESIS
In the beginning
The Genesis narrative is where it all starts, as the Spirit of God hovers over the waters, and brings life to the world.
Abraham (Genesis 12-)
God called Abraham to found a new nation in Canaan. He obeyed unquestioningly the commands of God, from whom he received repeated promises and a covenant that his descendants would inherit the land.
- Constellation Tube (Crafting the Word of God)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations (123 Homeschool 4 Me)
- Printable Popup Card (Emma Tovey)
- Decorated Biscuits (Flame Creative Kids)
- Paper Plate Compass (Sunday School Zone)
- Paper Stars (Jesus Without Language)
- Little Origami Stars (Welcome to Nanas)
Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25 &27)
The Book of Genesis speaks of the relationship between twins Jacob and Esau, sons of Isaac and Rebekah, focusing on Esau's loss of his birthright to Jacob and the conflict that ensued between their descendant nations because of Jacob's deception of their aged and blind father, Isaac, in order to receive Esau's birthright/blessing from Isaac.
- Printable Matchbox Craft (Emma Tovey)
- Object Lesson (Future Flying Saucers)
- Game Idea (Children's Ministry)
- Minute to Win it Cup Stacking (Holly's Home)
- Craft Ideas
Jacob and Esau, Genesis 25 and 27
Here are some resources for leaders, who are looking for context and background information to share about the book of Genesis
BibleProject Overview: Genesis 1-11
BibleProject: Genesis Overview poster, free download here
BibleProject Overview: Genesis 12-50