Book of Psalms
The Book of Psalms is a collection of 150 songs, written by various Old Testament authors. Some of them are written by David, and are honest reflections of faith in all the seasons.
As we begin to build up Bible Explore, we will add to our collection of Psalms. Here we have a few psalms with more worship ideas, and there are general psalm resources below.
- Psalm 1 Potato Print Trees (Path Through the Narrow Gate)
- Thirsty for God Object Lesson (Deeper Kid Min)
- Book of Psalms Colouring (Ministry to Children)
- Clean Heart Craft (KGM Crafts)
- Psalm 34 Treat Idea (Aunties Bible Lessons)
- David's Harp (Crafting the Word of God)
- Psalm 139 Snowflake (It Happens in a Blink)
- Psalm 150 Printable Trumpet (Ministry Ark)
Create your own psalm
During various Covid levels, our congregation was not allowed to sing, and we came up with creative ways to worship using the psalms.
- To replace this corporate aspect of worship, we created a 'Build your own psalm' on Direct Poll. Using a QR code, the congregation used their phones to scan it to start the poll, and we kept track of the most popular votes.
- We provided 4 options for people to select, and if there was a tie, we did rock/paper/scissors to choose which was to be included! At the end, we read through all the responses at the end. This worked well for all ages, and we had a few extra devices on hand to include those who may not have one.
- The first question was: What our response should be? Answers included e.g "blessed be your name", "you are a good, good God", "your love never fails" etc. After each of the refrains, we would use the chosen response.
- Further questions covered all aspects of psalms - from celebration, declaration, lament and praise.
- An example of a question was: Select one option - Your love is: "unfailing and trustworthy", "like a mother hen protecting her chicks", "like a loving father", etc. We praise you because: "you have done so much for us", "your love is unending", "your mercies are new every morning"
- We had someone typing up the responses directly into the powerpoint, so they could be read together once the poll had been completed.
- Choose 6-8 of these topics and then read out your corporate psalm together.