The Book of Hebrews
The Book of Hebrews is an epistle in the New Testament, and although the authorship is contested, it is often thought to be written by Paul.
It was by faith (Hebrews 11:29-12:2)
Heroes of the faith
Head to Mark Barry's website to see his Heroes of Faith cards.
Print, cut out and stick them back to back -- the kids will have a collection of all 11 cards in total. You could set up activity stations around the room with information about each Bible character, and they collect their cards as they go along.
Copyright Mark Barry 2014 | visualunit.me
You can also download this Hebrews 11 video (Max 7)
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (NIV)
Creative Ideas for Memorising Verses from Hebrews
- Write the Words on Tinfoil Pictures (123 Homeschool 4 Me)
- Write the Words on the tunnels of a Plate Marble Maze (Toddler at Play)
- Decorate Paper with an interesting painting technique, write the Verse onto it. (A Girl and a Glue Gun)
- Write or Paint it on a Rock (Projects with Kids)
- Write one word from the verse on a plastic ball. Try to knock the words off in order using a Nerf gun. Game Idea here (Frugal Fun 4 Boys)
- Decorate the verse with Bubble Painting (Early Learning Ideas)
- Pass the Parcel with one Word in between each layer.
- Aeroplane Targets. Write the words of the verse over each hole. Try to get all of the words (How Does She)
- Hopscotch using paper or chalk (Children's Ministry Ideas Unlimited)
- Learn the Verse using NZ Sign Language
- Hide the laminated words in some slime/spaghetti/water beads for the kids to find with feet or hands.