The Birth of Jesus (Matthew 1:18-25)
Christmas on the Move
Thanks to Rev. Sarah West for this print image from Visio Lectio, shared with permission.
At last we've reached a Christmas story! It is Matthew's wonderful telling of how the gentle man who was to bring up Jesus learned of God's gift to the world. It's not the most familiar part of the Christmas story - not the part we find in Nativity Plays - but it's a story rich with joy and hope and fulfilment. Join Damon, Esther, Anne and Michael as they ponder something of the gift this story is to us.
Craft boxes for home
As Christmas draws close, and families adjust to being on holiday, tensions in the house may be running high. Children will pick up on parental stress, something that’s hard to avoid at this time of year. If you’re extra busy finishing at work and preparing for the holiday, and your children are demanding more time than you’re able to provide, try creating special craft boxes for your children.
Make one shoe box size box for each child - or one box for all of them to share and put a few special arts and crafts things inside. Include some special paper, felts, stickers, pipe cleaners, glue, buttons, paper or card- whatever you have or can easily get. Wool, popsicle sticks, tape, crayons, aluminum foil are also possibilities. When things get a bit rough, pull out the boxes and sit them down. Say something like, ‘You’ve got___ (an amount of time appropriate for their age) to create a Christmas card, or a poster or whatever you think might be of interest. By redirecting their need for your attention, they can work on something fulfilling and you might just get a few extra minutes to finish something that needs to be done.
- Printable Nativity Scene (Marloes Devee)
- Travel Size Printable Nativity (Made by Joel)
- Toilet Roll 3 Wise Men Craft (Red Ted Art)
- Baby Jesus Wooden Ornament (Little Bit Funky)
- Paper Nativity Luninary (Danielle's Place)
- Candy Cane Poem (Journal Diy Maxine)
- Advent Journey Spiral (Flame Creative Kids)
- Stone Advent Calendar (Rhythms of Play)
- Nativity Story Stones (Rainy Day Mum)
- Ice cream Stick Nativity Ornament
- Nativity Story Bracelet (Montessori Soul)
- Nativity Playdough Mat (Flame Creative Kids)
- Advent Prayer Bags (Flame Creative Kids)
The Christmas Story: St Paul's Auckland
God's Story: Crossroads Kid's Club
The Story of Christmas: Saddleback Kids